Sunday 25 December 2016

Arsenal to make a move to land Sunderland goalkeeper, Jordan Pickford in January?

PLUS: The Arsenal faithfuls could be forced to wait to see if Wenger signs a new deal, plus more January news
SporTainment
Pickford has fast become a key man for Sunderland (Photo: Mark Runnacles)
Arsenal want to sign Sunderland goalie, Jordan Pickford, according to the London Evening Standard.
The Gunners allegedly want to complete the deal in January, but would loan the England youth goalkeeper back to Sunderland until the end of the season.
Pickford has quickly become the an household name at the Stadium of Light after a series of impressive performances between the sticks.
The 22-year-old is contracted to Sunderland until 2020 after signing a new deal back in January and no fee for the player is thought to have been agreed yet.
Sunderland are already reportedly resigned to losing one of their key men if the fee is right.
Wenger could wait until APRIL for new deal
Arsene Wenger has admitted he is ready to keep Gunners' faithfuls guessing on his future until next April, writes Mirror Football's John Cross.
Wenger’s current £8m-a-year deal expires next summer and there is a new two-year contract on the table for him to sign.
But the Gunners manager insists he will only decide whether to stay judging on whether Arsenal have been successful in the Premier League and Europe.
Wenger, aged 67, said: “I always said that I will judge where I stand in the spring and make my decisions then. And the club is free as well. It’s not because I am here a long time that I have any rights. We are both on the same boat.
“The club are happy and it will not affect planning. There are plenty of managers who arrived at the end of their contract. It happened to me before. I signed sometimes in March, April for longer contracts. So I don’t think it’s a problem.
“I worked everywhere I was until the last day of my contract with total commitment. That’s why maybe I can go back everywhere I was, because people respect that.”
Wenger hints at no January spending
Arsene Wenger has hinted that there will be no January transfer signings for the north Londoners, writes Mirror Football's Thomas Bristow.
The mid-season transfer window is only a matter of days away and speculation has intensified surrounding certain clubs and players.
But Wenger was quick to discount Arsenal from any such equation by claiming that he has more than enough options in attack.
Wenger said: "We have plenty of options offensively. Defensively we are not in the need at the moment."

No comments:

Post a Comment